Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nemo Frame

When Cricut came out with the new Disney cartridges I knew I just had to have them, I absolutely love everything Disney!! Finding Nemo is on the Disney Best of Pixar cartridge and I love it!


I started out with this 5x7 chipboard frame that I found at Michael's. I used FolkArt True Blue acrylic paint and painted the whole frame I think I did it twice.

 My mess in progress. I cut all the images out on my Cricut and glued them all together. I cut out the seaweed @ 8", the bubbles @ 6" and the sand @ 2" and layered all those with pop dot for some dimension. I cut all the Nemo parts out @ 5" and put him together, now I must admit I have never done one of the charater cut before and have been a little scared to try but it was actually pretty easy to figure out and really didn't take that long to put together. The treasure chest I believe I cut @ 3 1/2".


My Nemo, he's just to darn cute for words!


Ta-da!!! I really liked the way this frame turned out. I left the top open to add a name (whenever I figure out who it for), but it needed to be made. I'm glad I got over my "fear" of these characters, it really was a lot of fun to do. I'm thinking Bambi maybe next.

No comments:

Post a Comment